Friday, April 23, 2010

Para acabar la raza...

You will never find time for anything. If you want the time, you must make it.

- Charles Buxton

My DH is running the OKC Memorial marathon this weekend. A marathon...you read that correct, 26 grueling miles of running, because he likes it. I think there's more to it than that. He's going to turn 35 this year. He's going to finish his first year of nursing school in a few weeks, and he's going to finish his first year of being an awesome father.

Why not run a marathon? Why not battle thyself, it's an age-old plot line. I give him a hard time, but I'm really proud of him.

As for me, there are many things I'd rather do than run for five hours. Paint, drive, watch television, shoot...even walking would be better. He jokes about the signs people made in previous years to cheer on the runners. My personal favorite, "It's easier than labor and delivery." After our 30-hour wait to meet our son, I can say, yes, yes it is.

So el nino and I will be at mile 13, mile 20 and the finish line reminding that husband of mine that we're on his team -- win or lose.

And then...I will apply BenGay and remind him he's no spring chick anymore.

No comments: