Monday, October 24, 2011

Back Again


I missed writing. I missed balance and I missed being creative. So here I am again. Don't judge.

A few things I'm working with this week:

Time management: I realized my life is somewhat out of control. I'm spending a lot of time letting other people vent to me, or sort things out verbally. It's all good. Just not sure how it gets me to Friday, or reinforces what I say is important to me. And isn't that the true test? How are you spending your time? Does it reflect what you say is important to you? It's an experiment I'm starting and will probably spend a great deal of time on this blog chronicling. Consider yourself my new accountability partner.


Finding new music: Today on the drive home I discovered Joe Henry on NPR. His latest album was recorded with the windows open, and microphones in the windows. Quite a concept. He says, "Music doesn't happen in a vacuum." And then I think nothing really happens in a vacuum. Henry is also Madonna's brother-in-law.

Priorities: Working at a non-profit must be code for work till your burnt out. There is always an unclear division of labor...and sometimes if you care it becomes your job. That doesn't feel very intentional.

And a confession...I didn't know what iTV was...I'm getting old. And Appleless.


No comments: