Tuesday, July 15, 2008

List for the Lazys


Sometimes my time is out of control. Back-to-back events. Classes, parties, studies, meetings. I envy people who can just sack out on the couch and doze through Party of Five episodes. I need and seek activity. Always have and I'm afraid I always will. But I'm realizing I have no barometer. No device that tells me when the engine is hot and the oil is low. I get to the end of my rope and crash, or meltdown. It's not pretty.
I'm trying to remind myself that I need to make time for me and stuff that makes me happy. So a perfect day goes a little something like this:
* Wake up early (To let the dogs outside, or to roll over and tell Mark to do it)
* Read for a few hours before getting up.
* Coffee, oatmeal, newspaper.
* A little lite weeding in the garden before the sun gets too hot. Brush dogs.
* An hour-long workout. Strenght and strectch.
* More lounging and reading. Think about lunch.
* Maybe a scooter ride to bookstore or Target.
* Think about dinner. Make a new recipe.
* Wine or beer on the back porch.
* A game of cribbage.
* Hang out with friends drinking on the porch or other lazy location.
* Good night.

Now that I've got the list, it sounds like a full day...but a great day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Easy like Sunday morning.